I thought it would be fun to do a little travel Q/A with myself! This can be a good way to help you realize and prioritize what you want most out of travel. Enjoy!
1. Favorite food while traveling This is a bit of a cheating answer but my favorite food while traveling is whatever the locals tell me. I ask around and see what the common hot spot the locals are saying… not the blogs or online reviews. I have never been let down by this strategy. People know there hometown well, trust that. This was my strategy in Waco (read about it here) and I had some of the best tacos a girl could ask for!
2. Where would you like to go that you haven’t There are so many places still on my list in the United states and abroad. I would say my number one place right now, though, would be Paris. That has been on the top of my list for as long as I can remember.
3. Guilty pleasure while traveling SWEETS. There is no denying that I have a massive sweet tooth. I like to have a treat after dinner when I can but never anything fancier than a box mix brownie. But while traveling… I make sure to try one or two things from a pastry shop or opt for a small dinner so I can go all out for dessert!
4. Best Travel Tip My best travel tip would be to not pack your schedule too full. Allow time for carefree wandering and exploring. This can be amazing on its own and could lead to discovering some unexpected places as well.
5. Favorite Childhood travel memory My extended family all used to take a 3 hours trip into Northern Michigan every year. I remember so vividly walking to the beach and having a giant picnic, building humongous sandcastles and shooting my bb gun at empty pop cans. But my favorite memory was waking up in the morning to the sound of dripping coffee and birds chirping outside. The windows were letting in soft morning sunlight and I knew another day of play was about to ensue. For me, it is generally about these small moments that I love most about traveling and life.
6. One item that you can't leave at home My camera. Even though it is a burden to transport and carry around, I never leave for a trip without it. It is essential to capture life's moments not only to share on social media but to have for the future.
7. Aisle or window I shamelessly stare out the window most of every plane ride. This is an extra good time if it is a night flight. I love seeing cities lit up and being reminded of how small I actually am.
What are some of your favorite travel tips or stories?